On May 28, 2015, it was revealed that Brock Lesnar was scheduled to appear at the July 4 live event in Japan. This would mark Lesnar's first non-PPV match for WWE since 2004. Lesnar reportedly requested a spot on the show so he and Brad Rheingans could go to Tokyo to visit Masa Saito, who was in bad health. WWE then released a promotional video announcing that the show would no longer be a house show, and would be broadcast live on the WWE Network. One day later, WWE revealed the entire match card for the show. One of the matches scheduled for the event, The New Day vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro, would no longer take place due to Tyson Kidd suffering an injury, which is expected to take him out for over a year. It was later announced that The New Day would face The Lucha Dragons. On the June 3 episode of WWE NXT, William Regal announced that NXT Champion Kevin Owens would defend his title against Finn Bálor at the event.
- Dark - Cesaro defeated Diego by submission
- Dark - The Lucha Dragons (Kalisto and Sin Cara) defeated The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods)
- Chris Jericho defeated Neville by submission
- Nikki Bella (c) defeated Tamina and Paige in a Triple threat match for the WWE Divas Championship
- Brock Lesnar defeated Kofi Kingston
- Finn Bálor defeated Kevin Owens (c) to win the WWE NXT Championship
- John Cena and Dolph Ziggler defeated Kane and King Barrett