The show was notable for the first appearance of former World Championship Wrestling (WCW) wrestler Sting in WWE, who had a long hold out on signing with the company. Also, this was the first Survivor Series since 2001 and WWE Payback 2014 not to feature a world title match.
The event had 100,000 buys (excluding WWE Network views), down from the previous year's 177,000 buys.
- PreShow - Fandango (with Rosa Mendes) defeated Justin Gabriel
- PreShow - Jack Swagger (with Zeb Colter) defeated Cesaro by submission
- The Miz and Damien Mizdow defeated Goldust and Stardust (c), The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) and Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) (with El Torito) - Fatal four-way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
- Team Fox (Alicia Fox, Emma, Naomi and Natalya) (with Tyson Kidd) defeated Team Paige (Paige, Cameron and The Slayers (Layla and Summer Rae)) - Four-on-Four Traditional Survivor Series elimination tag team match
- Bray Wyatt defeated Dean Ambrose by disqualification
- Adam Rose and The Bunny defeated Slater Gator (Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil)
- Nikki Bella (with Brie Bella) defeated AJ Lee (c) for the WWE Divas Championship
- Team Cena (John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Erick Rowan and Ryback) defeated Team Authority (Seth Rollins, Kane, Mark Henry, Rusev and Luke Harper) (with Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Jamie Noble, Joey Mercury and Lana) - Five-on-five traditional Survivor Series elimination tag team match; Since Team Authority lost, they were removed from power. Had Team Cena lost, Cena's teammates would have been fired.