This event produced arguably the most well-known Hell in a Cell bout in history, pitting The Undertaker against Mankind; Michael Landsberg of TSN's Off the Record in 2002 called it "probably the most famous wrestling match of our time". Less than two minutes into the contest, The Undertaker threw Mankind from the top of the 16-foot (5 m) high cell through the Spanish announcers' table. The footage of that fall has since become one of the most used and viewed videos in professional wrestling history. A few minutes later in the match in another memorable moment, The Undertaker chokeslammed Mankind through the top of the cell.
- The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher) and Taka Michinoku defeated Kaientai (Funaki, Men's Teioh, and Dick Togo)
- Ken Shamrock defeated Jeff Jarrett (with Tennessee Lee) - King of the Ring Semi-Final
- The Rock defeated Dan Severn - King of the Ring Semi-Final
- Too Much (Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor) defeated Al Snow and Head - Jerry Lawler as the special guest referee
- X-Pac (with Chyna) defeated Owen Hart
- The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn) (c) (with Chyna) defeated The New Midnight Express (Bombastic Bob and Bodacious Bart) (with Jim Cornette) for the WWE World Tag Team Championship
- Ken Shamrock defeated The Rock - King of the Ring Final
- The Undertaker defeated Mankind - Hell in a Cell
- Kane (with Paul Bearer) defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) - First Blood match for the WWE Championship; had Kane lost, he would have set himself on fire.