Lockdown is a pay-per-view (PPV) event promoted every April by the American professional wrestling promotion Total Nonstop Action (TNA), is considered one of the flagship Pay-per-views in the company, alongside TNA Slammiversary and TNA Bound for Glory. The event was created in 2005 and is highlighted by the premise that all matches take place inside the Six Sides of Steel cage (or, starting in 2010, a regular, four-sided steel cage). In addition to the cage, the event usually features additional gimmicks added on to the steel cage stipulation. Trademark Lockdown specialty matches include the Lethal Lockdown, Xscape matches and exclusive to the TNA Knockouts the Queen of the Cage.
Originally Lockdown was to have only two cage matches to highlight the name, but soon after the premise was changed to the current all cage match format by TNA CEO Dixie Carter. With the exception of the 2005 and 2006 event, the show has been held outside of the Impact Zone. The Family Arena has hosted Lockdown twice in 2007 and in 2010. Other cities that have hosted the event were Lowell, Massachusetts (marketed as Boston), and Philadelphia. The 2011 event was held in Cincinnati, Ohio. On January 9, 2015, Lockdown was broadcast as an Impact Wrestling television special on Destination America.
- TNA Lockdown 2005 - April 24, 2005
- TNA Lockdown 2006 - April 23, 2006
- TNA Lockdown 2007 - April 15, 2007
- TNA Lockdown 2008 - April 13, 2008
- TNA Lockdown 2009 - April 19, 2009
- TNA Lockdown 2010 - April 18, 2010
- TNA Lockdown 2011 - April 17, 2011
- TNA Lockdown 2012 - April 15, 2012
- TNA Lockdown 2013 - March 10, 2013
- TNA Lockdown 2014 - March 9, 2014
- TNA Lockdown 2015 - February 6, 2015
- TNA Lockdown 2016 - January 30, 2016