Before working for WWE, Anderson wrestled for numerous promotions, winning various singles and tag team championships. Upon signing with WWE, Anderson was assigned to the company's developmental territory Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) in Louisville, Kentucky in 2005.
After signing with WWE, Anderson made his debut on the SmackDown! roster in August 2005. In September 2006, he captured his first and only title with the company, the United States Championship, and would hold on to it for a month. The following year at WWE WrestleMania 23, Anderson won the annual Money in the Bank ladder match, a contract, which guarantees a match for one of WWE's then three world level championships. He was released from his WWE contract on May 29, 2009. He returned to the independent circuit before signing a contract with TNA in 2010.
- All-Star Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Championship
- All-Star Championship Wrestling Tag Team Championship
- All-Star Championship Wrestling Television Championship
- Mid American Wrestling Heavyweight Championship
- National Wrestling Alliance Midwest Heavyweight Championship
- Nu-Wrestling Evolution World Heavyweight Championship
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship
- WWE United States Championship
- Xtreme Intense Championship Wrestling Tag Team Championship
- UPCW Tag Team Championship