Following his debut, Kane remained a pivotal component of the company's Attitude Era of the late 1990s and early 2000s, defeating Stone Cold Steve Austin – described as the "poster boy" of that era – for the WWF Championship in his first pay-per-view main event at WWE King of the Ring 1998. He has continued to headline WWE pay-per-view cards in world championship matches through 2014. WWE executive Triple H has dubbed Kane as "The Constant", owing to his underrated, "always great" performance during his long tenure with the company.
Kane has won 18 total championships during his WWF/E career, including being a three-time world champion (having held the WWF Championship, ECW Championship, and World Heavyweight Championship once each), and is also a 12-time tag team champion, having held the WWF/World Tag Team Championship, WCW Tag Team Championship, and WWE Tag Team Championships with various partners. He is a 2010 Money in the Bank winner.
- Smoky Mountain Wrestling Tag Team Championship
- United States Wrestling Association Heavyweight Championship
- WWE Championship / World Heavyweight Championship
- ECW Championship
- WWE Intercontinental Championship
- WWE Hardcore Championship
- WWE Tag Team Championship / WWE World Tag Team Championship
- WCW World Tag Team Championship