He has wrestled for such promotions as World Championship Wrestling (WCW), All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW) and WWE. In WWE, Laurinaitis worked in the talent relations office for eight years, and as occasional wrestler from 2011 until 2012. After his on screen firing, he stepped down from his corporate backstage role to being a producer. Prior to joining WWE, Laurinaitis worked as an executive for WCW.
He is noted for his distinctively raspy voice. As a friendly joke among fellow wrestlers, he is sometimes referred to as "John Laryngitis", both a play on his last name and a joke that he sounds as though he has a permanent case of the disease.
- All Japan Pro Wrestling All Asia Tag Team Championship
- All Japan Pro Wrestling World Tag Team Championship
- FCW Tag Team Championship
- International Championship Wrestling Association Florida Heavyweight Championship
- Oregon Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Championship